Processing of passport

PassportTo travel internationally, including crossing over into Mexico, U.S. citizens need a passport card or book. Both can be obtained through the Passport Division Facility.

Minors must be accompanied by both parents. A passport is valid for 10 years for adults, and 5 years for minors.

Each person applying for a passport must bring in the following:

    • Form DS-11 (Complete application in black ink only)
    • Applicant must be present at time of application process
    • Children 15 yrs and younger must be accompanied by both parents. If one parent is unavailable, Form DS-3053 must be completed, notarized and submitted with application with a copy of absent parent’s i.d.
    • Certified Long-form Birth Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization
    • One 2×2 Photograph (Available at the Passport Division Facility)
    • Valid photo ID
      1. U.S. Drivers License or Identification Card
      2. USA/Visa
      3. U.S. or Mexico Passport
      4. Consular I.D.
    • A check or money order per adult in the amount of $110
    • A check or money order per child in the amount of $80
    • Plus $40 cash per applicant

The U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs Passport Services, Houston Passport Agency certifies the staff of the City of McAllen’s Passport Acceptance Facility.

Located on the 1st floor of the Downtown Parking Garage at 221 S. 15th Street.
8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Monday through Friday
By appointment: Ph: (956) 681-1450.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *